House & Garden is looking for an online intern keen to work as part of the close-knit team behind its successful website HOUSE.
Duration: 6 months
Pay: National Minimum Wage
The ideal candidate will be efficient, highly organised and have some journalistic training or editorial experience, either in print or online.
Previous use of a CMS and sub-editing experience would be a bonus, as would an understanding of social media and how to use it to drive traffic.
As this is a small team, a positive, enthusiastic attitude is vital, as is a genuine interest in the areas of decoration, design, food and travel.
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Building and formatting the magazine’s content for the website
- Writing daily updates for the website’s room galleries
- Liaising with the online picture desk – requesting images to be coded and cropped
- Helping to update our social media channels – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest
- Assisting with the subbing and editing of copy
- Writing news stories for the website
- General administrative duties
Essential skills & requirements:
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload
- Detail orientated and able to quickly adapt to working on a CMS
- Proficient using all forms of social media – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, YouTube
- Must be a competent writer and sub-editor
- Polite and approachable manner
- A genuine enthusiasm for all things House & Garden – interiors, gardens, art, food and travel
There’s no deadline so go here to apply supafast: