Connect with us

Teenagers arrested on charges of assault


Teenagers arrested on charges of assault

Two men are currently on the run after being accused of assaulting a teenage girl near Peckham Rye station in January of this year. The two men were wearing masks when the incident occurred after targeting a teenage girl around the Peckham area. The police have been contacted by the local authority on the issue and are told to have the character of the two individuals as wearing dark clothing with dark gloves and face covering. The incident happened late in the evening as the victim was walking down an alleyway of Elm Grove not long after 10:20PM which was when she was approached by the two males who then proceeded to assault her. The victim was taken to Holly Grove by the two teenagers which is where the assault incident took place. The victim is currently being supported by specialist officers after the incident was reported at 12:45AM on the Friday. The local police in the Peckham area have called witnesses who saw the incident or were close to it when it occurred, to come forward if they have any evidence or information to put to them.





The station was closed of on the morning of Friday 14th January by the police with trains not due to stop until 12PM with no arrests having been made since the incident took place. A crime scene was later established which includes parts of Peckham Rye Railway Station. However, there have been no arrests since the incident. The Deputy Superintendent Chair Clair Kelland has pleaded with the public stating that “the investigation into this incident is fast paced and involves and extensive crime scene. We would like to speak to anyone who was around Peckham Rye Station between 10PM and 11PM that night who saw anything that might assist our investigation.” Southwark Council have since made a statement on the awful attack with this released on the Friday with local councillor Evelyn Akoto who is also the council’s cabinet member for health and wellbeing stating: “We are shocked and appalled by such a horrendous incident. Our heart goes out the young woman who suffered a truly brutal attack by two men while she was walking in public. It shows that the threat against women remains ever present. We refuse to accept that fear, intimidation, harassment, and assault are regular occurrences in too many lives. As a community, we need to stand up to all forms of male violence against women and girls. We are supporting the police with their investigation and ask anyone with any information about the incident to call the police on 101.” The leader of the council Kieron Williams himself added: Last night’s violent attack by two men on a woman near Peckham Rye Station has appalled and upset our while community. No woman should live in fear of male violence.”

The incident however has still not been solved since the two suspects have not been caught by the authorities even though the investigation has now taken place for around four months since January of this year. However, the teenage girl who was the victim in the case has had extra support given to her since the incident occurred.

Continue Reading
You may also like...

More in Students

To Top